easy ways to help the sport of mountain biking
2. Volunteer for trail work a few times each year. It's fun.3. Stay off your rear brake as much as possible in tight corners and switchbacks. It's easy to skid around sharp turns but lighter braking is better for the trail.
4. Double-check your saddlebag or bumbag. Make sure you've
got a working pump, a good extra tube, a patch kit and a chain tool.
Being self-reliant is part of the satisfaction of being a mountain
6. Work on your trials skills in a parking lot or at a
trailhead. The better your balance, the stronger you'll ride on
8. Take a teenage neighbor who has never ridden off-road on
10. Ride fast, but when you pause for a rest, stop. Put your
bike down. Step away from the trail. Look and listen. Don't feel
compelled to get back in the saddle once you're breathing easily.